North Manchester Celebration
604 E College Ave
City/State/Zip: North Manchester, Indiana 46962
County: Wabash County
Event Website: Click Here!
This free celebration will kick off at 7 p.m. at the North Manchester campus on the athletic fields off East Street. This family-friendly event is open to the public.
The location and schedule of the celebration are below:
Behind the Physical Education and Recreation Center (PERC)
- 7 p.m. – Fun and games for children
- 7:10 p.m. – Introduction by MU event coordinator Tiffany Byers
- 7:30 p.m. – Welcome by Jillian “Jay” Watts, director of MU CARE Initiative.
- 7:35 p.m. – Independence Day message by David Burnette, commander of American Legion Post 286
- 8 p.m. – Manchester Civic Band
- 9:55 p.m. – God’s All Community Choir and the band perform national anthem
East end of MU campus near the soccer field
- 10 p.m. – North Manchester Fire Department will light up the sky with fireworks display.
The soccer field bleachers are perfect for viewing, but arrive early; seats fill up quickly. Those who do not arrive early will want to bring lawn chairs or blankets.
Bring the whole family for red-white-and-blue activities. Free activities include corn hole, sidewalk chalk, face painting and ladder golf. Glow sticks are provided by Timbercrest Senior Living Community. The North Manchester Lions Club will provide free flags.
The Rotary Club of North Manchester will sell $1 hot dogs, $2 chili dogs or two chili dogs for $3, as well as $1 popcorn, water and soft drinks.
Those taking pictures or posting to social media can use #MUJuly4 to share their pictures.
For the safety of guests: Alcohol, sparklers and personal fireworks are not permitted. MU is a tobacco-free campus. The rain date is Saturday, July 7, same time and location.
Note: I am not affiliated with this event, I only list them; if you have a specific question, please use the contact information provided to get in touch with them directly